Re: Index based search have issues with 11.20

От Hafeez Rahim
Тема Re: Index based search have issues with 11.20
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the providing the references

we will go through the wiki link and identify the glibc version updates during the OS patching.

On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 10:18 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Hafeez Rahim <hafeez.rahim@mindcurv.com> writes:
> Issue :

> One of the table query not woks when string values are filtered with =
> clause
> where as the query works with like clause using '%' flag  or using
> trim(column)
> below are query examples describes the problem

You've not really provided enough detail, but I'm going to guess
that your OS update included a change in collation definitions
that left any indexes on text columns essentially corrupt.
The LIKE queries probably weren't affected because they didn't
rely on indexes.

Reindexing the indexes should have been enough to fix it.
See

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Locale_data_changes

Regards,
Hafeez
Database Technical Lead

Mindcurv TSPL
#6F, T-1, World Trade Centre,
Infopark CSEZ, P-1,
Kakkanad, Cochin - 682042

t: +91 (0)484 2100164
m: +91 9605445282

www.mindcurv.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments hereto are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and
any printout thereof.