Re: Index based search have issues with 11.20

От Hafeez Rahim
Тема Re: Index based search have issues with 11.20
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the details

We will further check on the references given

On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 10:20 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 10/17/23 11:24, Hafeez Rahim wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is to check regarding an issue we came across on postgreSQL
> community version 11 with minor patch 11.20 along with few other changes
> change details mention on end part of this mail
>
> The issue is notice after the minor patching from postgreSQL 11.16 to 11.20
> The particular database runs on a dockerized platform
>
> Issue :
>
> One of the table query not woks when string values are filtered with =
> clause
> where as the query works with like clause using '%' flag  or using
> trim(column)
> below are query examples describes the problem
>
> not working
>
> select * from atlas_order.gdp_ship_logistic_food cgslf where
> shipping_group_id = '2VxFRCOG9tc7SjQ2Ogg0bveve96';
>
> working
>
> select * from atlas_order.gdp_ship_logistic_food cgslf where
> shipping_group_id like '%2VxFRCOG9tc7SjQ2Ogg0bveve96%';
> select * from atlas_order.gdp_ship_logistic_food cgslf where
> shipping_group_id like '2VxFR%COG9tc7SjQ2Ogg0bveve96';
> select * from atlas_order.gdp_ship_logistic_food cgslf where
> trim(shipping_group_id) = '2VxFR%COG9tc7SjQ2Ogg0bveve96';
>
> Later as per the feedback from dev we have dropped and recreated the
> constraints and rebuild the indexes of the affected tables
> and the data is accessibleafter on

I would say the above is due to the distro change below.

>  2. Change docker container base image from Debian to Alpine  (Debian
>     Bookworm - alpine3.18)

My guess something along lines of:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Locale_data_changes

Changing distro's mid stream increases the likely hood there will be issues.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

--
Regards,
Hafeez

Mindcurv TSPL
#6F, T-1, World Trade Centre,
Infopark CSEZ, P-1,
Kakkanad, Cochin - 682042

t: +91 (0)484 2100164
m: +91 9605445282

www.mindcurv.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments hereto are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and
any printout thereof.