Re: The current shape of PG master-slave replication

От Payal Singh
Тема Re: The current shape of PG master-slave replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
To be concrete, if I use PG 10.x master-slave replication in production,
is it very reliable when set up properly?

It is more reliable than default MySQL replication. Default MySQL replication is logical whereas default postgres replication is binary. In the crudest of terms, if something goes wrong you can't just 'skip' statements in postgres to get replication to work like you can in MySQL. This ensures better data integrity during replication. As for non-defaults, pg10 and onwards support logical replication as well, with the usual caveats that logical replication comes with in any database.

Payal Singh,
Database Administrator,
OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.
Phone: 240.646.0770 x 253