Re: [HACKERS] Replication/backup defaults

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Replication/backup defaults
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2 January 2017 at 09:39, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> The conclusion has been that our defaults should really allow people to take
> backups of their systems, and they currently don't.
>
> Making things run faster is tuning, and people should expect to do that if
> they need things to run faster. But being able to make a backup is pretty
> fundamental.

In the hope of making things better in 10.0, I remove my objection. If
people want to use wal_level = minimal they can restart their server
and they can find that out in the release notes.

Should we set wal_level = replica or wal_level = logical as the
default for 10.0?