Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases

От James Doherty
Тема Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Good point.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 04:27 Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 29 Jul 2021, at 01:46, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 03:09:52PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

>> pg_dump ccbank | split -b 2048m --filter='gzip > $FILE.gz'
>
> Wow, odd we didn't have an example of using gzip and split together;
> patch attached.

Maybe because the --filter option is only available in GNU split and not in
POSIX, and thus not on FreeBSD and macOS etc.  I'm not sure about what level of
compatibility we strive for in the examples though.

--
Daniel Gustafsson               https://vmware.com/

--
James M Doherty President Revive Consulting LLC

Сообщение: Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases
Сообщение: Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases