Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases
Дата
Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases  (James Doherty <jim@jdoherty.net>)
Список pgsql-docs
> On 29 Jul 2021, at 01:46, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 03:09:52PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

>> pg_dump ccbank | split -b 2048m --filter='gzip > $FILE.gz'
>
> Wow, odd we didn't have an example of using gzip and split together;
> patch attached.

Maybe because the --filter option is only available in GNU split and not in
POSIX, and thus not on FreeBSD and macOS etc.  I'm not sure about what level of
compatibility we strive for in the examples though.