Re: Update with last known location?

От James David Smith
Тема Re: Update with last known location?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Erik/all,

I just tried that, but it's tricky. The 'extra' data is indeed coming
from the right side of the join, but it's hard to select only the max
from it. Maybe it's possible but I've not managed to do it. Here is
where I am, which is so very close.

SELECT
DISTINCT(a.ppid, a.point_time, a.the_geom) as row_that_needs_geom_updating,
max(b.point_time) OVER (PARTITION BY a.ppid, a.point_time) as
last_known_position_time
FROM
test a
INNER JOIN
(SELECT    ppid,
point_time,
the_geom
FROM    test
WHERE    the_geom IS NOT NULL) b
ON b.point_time < a.point_time
AND a.ppid = b.ppid
WHERE a.the_geom IS NULL;

If you see attached screen-print, the output is the rows that I want.
However I've had to use DISTINCT to stop the duplication. Also I've
not managed to pull through 'the_geom' from the JOIN. I'm not sure
how. Anyone?

But it's kind of working. :-)

Worst case if I can't figure out how to solve this in one query I'll
have to store the result of the above, and then use it as a basis for
another query I think.

Thanks

James