Re: [HACKERS] psql --batch

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql --batch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 28 August 2017 at 15:34, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

ISTM that the real pain is the "-v ON_ERRORS_STOP=1" which I occasionally
encountered as well, the other one letter ones are not too bad. Maybe it
would be enough to have a shortcut for this one, say "-B"?

I agree with last sentence. I don't think so -qAtX are expected always, but
"-v ON_ERRORS_STOP=1" is pretty often.

Yep. I often "\set" that in the script.

What do you think about long option "--on-errors-stop" ?

It does not really relieve the typing pain Craig is complaining about, but it would be ok as the long option version if -B is added, and it is auto-completion friendly.

This doesn't really address the original issue though, that it's far from obvious how to easily and correctly script psql.

I guess there's always the option of a docs patch for that. *shrug*

I'll see what others have to say.