Re: [HACKERS] Make pg_regress print a connstring with sockdir

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Make pg_regress print a connstring with sockdir
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 28 August 2017 at 15:19, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> ============== starting postmaster                    ==============
> running with PID 30235; connect with:
>   psql "host='/tmp/pg_regress-j74yFE' port=50848 dbname='regression'"
> ============== creating database "regression"         ==============

Sorry if my words were confusing and have cost you three minutes of
development. I like better the one-line version :)
Now a socket path could be quite long. I can live with that personally.

I'm not fussed, I just think we should show it one way or the other.

One nice thing about the two line form is that you can double-click/middle-click to open a new psql in the pg_regress session pretty much instantly.