Re: [HACKERS] Built-in plugin for logical decoding output

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Built-in plugin for logical decoding output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 26 September 2017 at 01:48, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 09/25/2017 10:43 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
On 2017-09-25 10:38:52 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
On 09/25/2017 10:32 AM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
On 25/09/17 19:26, Tom Lane wrote:
Alvaro Hernandez <aht@ongres.com> writes:

There is already about 3 million output plugins out there so I think we
did reasonable job there. The fact that vast majority of that are
various json ones gives reasonable hint that we should have that one in
core though.

And I am sure that 2ndQuadrant would be happy to add it to their version of
Postgres and maintain it themselves.

https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/2ndqpostgres/

This doesn't seem like a good way to argue.

Sorry, that wasn't supposed to be negative. My point was that 2ndQuadrant has a distribution of Postgres that they support.

For what it's worth, it's mostly things that didn't make it into core for a release, things that got knocked back, backports, etc.

I for one don't want to carry a big delta from core.