Re: Time range

От Isaac Morland
Тема Re: Time range
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
timetzrange is also missing. In my database I have:

CREATE TYPE timerange AS RANGE (SUBTYPE = time);
COMMENT ON TYPE timerange IS 'range of times without time zone';
GRANT USAGE ON TYPE timerange TO PUBLIC;

CREATE TYPE timetzrange AS RANGE (SUBTYPE = timetz);
COMMENT ON TYPE timetzrange IS 'range of times with time zone';
GRANT USAGE ON TYPE timetzrange TO PUBLIC;

The intent is that these range types are the same as if they were built in. I don't believe I have ever used timetzrange but I did it for completeness.

Given that other built-in types have built-in range types, I think that the time and timetz types should also have built-in range types.

On Fri, 31 May 2019 at 11:40, Thomas Kellerer <shammat@gmx.net> wrote:

Donald Shtjefni schrieb am 31.05.2019 um 13:35:
> I was wondering why there is not a type Range of time without time zone, I think it may be useful for someone, Is good if i do PR.

you can easily create one:

   create type timerange as range (subtype = time);

Thomas