Re: Time range

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Time range
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@gmail.com> writes:
> Given that other built-in types have built-in range types, I think that the
> time and timetz types should also have built-in range types.

There's only a very small number of built-in range types:

postgres=# select typname from pg_type where typtype = 'r' order by 1;
  typname
-----------
 daterange
 int4range
 int8range
 numrange
 tsrange
 tstzrange
(6 rows)

I don't think there's any appetite for creating built-in range types
across-the-board.  The time and timetz types are pretty little used
(with good reason), so leaving them out of this list seems fine to me.