Re: [18] Policy on IMMUTABLE functions and Unicode updates

От Isaac Morland
Тема Re: [18] Policy on IMMUTABLE functions and Unicode updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 22 Jul 2024 at 13:51, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:

> Are you proposing a switch that would make PostgreSQL error out if
> somebody wants to use an unassigned code point?  That would be an
> option.

You can use a CHECK(UNICODE_ASSIGNED(t)) in version 17, and in version
18 I have a proposal here to make it a database-level option:

And if you define a domain over text with this check, you would effectively have a type that works exactly like text except you can only store assigned code points in it. Then use that instead of text everywhere (easy to audit with a query over the system tables).