Re: BUG #9142: Bug installing "Database Cluster Initialisation Failed"

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: BUG #9142: Bug installing "Database Cluster Initialisation Failed"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 4:41 PM, <ssaguiar2@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      9142
> Logged by:          Sergio Aguiar
> Email address:      ssaguiar2@hotmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.2
> Operating system:   windows 7 ultimate
>
> When I try to install postgres, at the end, I get the error: "Database
> Cluster Initialisation Failed".
> There is NO WAY to install this program, in win7.
> I tried the versions 9.3.2 64 bits and 9.1.11 64 and 32 bits.

Do you have a log file with more information?  Did you try changing the
installation data directory from its default location under Program Files
to someplace else?

It works for me, on Windows 7 Professional service pack 1.  I don't have
the "Ultimate" at hand to test with.

> I just don't understand why EVERY software can be installed in windows,
> includin wampp, and postgres has such a folder permission problem.
> This is ridiculous and absurd, specially when you see that several versions
> have the same behaviour and this is so many times seen in google's search.

I'm pretty sure that some studious googling will reveal that *all* software
occasionally fails to work seamlessly for someone, somewhere, at sometime.
  This does not help us solve your problem.  More information, like your
log files, probably would.

Cheers,

Jeff