Re: Bloat and Slow Vacuum Time on Toast

От Ken Caruso
Тема Re: Bloat and Slow Vacuum Time on Toast
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
Ken Caruso <ken@ipl31.net> wrote:

> SELECT SUM(pg_relation_size(pg_class.oid))
> FROM pg_class ;

Perhaps you want pg_total_relation_size()?

-Kevin

The number returned when using pg_total_relation size makes more sense: 346GB. However it looked like pg_class has toast and indexes listed individually, so I assumed that using pg_total_relation_size would count values twice, because the total relation size of table would include toast and indexes, and then they would get counted again when I ran pg_total_relation_size on the toast and indexes themselves. Is that an incorrect assumption on my part?

Thanks

-Ken

Сообщение: Re: Bloat and Slow Vacuum Time on Toast
Сообщение: Re: Bloat and Slow Vacuum Time on Toast