Re: BUG #17570: Unrecognized node type for query with statistics on expressions

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: BUG #17570: Unrecognized node type for query with statistics on expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 11:42 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
* The comments for statext_is_compatible_clause suck.  If they'd
defined what the arguments are, perhaps this mess would have been
prevented.  For extra credit, it'd be really nice to define what
"is compatible" means.  I'd sure not have thought that that would
include permissions checks.

I think by 'compatible' it just means the clause is in the form that can
be estimated using MCV lists. Maybe we can define it as that.

In statext_is_compatible_clause() we have the permission checks to see
if we are allowed to read all required attributes, which indeed needs to
be mentioned in the function comments.

Thanks
Richard

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17570: Unrecognized node type for query with statistics on expressions
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17570: Unrecognized node type for query with statistics on expressions