Re: BUG #17570: Unrecognized node type for query with statistics on expressions

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: BUG #17570: Unrecognized node type for query with statistics on expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 11:42 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
* statext_is_compatible_clause_internal is not on board with
offsetting the attnums.

Correct. Good catch! Fix this in v2 patch.

* Neither is this check for a whole-row reference (line 1628, in HEAD):

                if (bms_is_member(InvalidAttrNumber, clause_attnums))

Actually this has been fixed in my v1 patch [1].

* Although the coverage report claims this code is exercised, the
fact that nothing failed when you made only a partial fix says it's
not exercised well enough.

That's true. We need to provide a better test case to cover this.

* The comments for statext_is_compatible_clause suck.  If they'd
defined what the arguments are, perhaps this mess would have been
prevented.  For extra credit, it'd be really nice to define what
"is compatible" means.  I'd sure not have thought that that would
include permissions checks.

Concur with that.

Thanks
Richard