Re: [GENERAL] Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL

От Paul Hughes
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver Wrote:

>>Many on this list(myself included) will want to know how you came to that conclusion and I am speaking as someone who uses Python, Django and Postgres.

I came to that conclusion when I saw a list of the top 15 websites (based on traffic). On that list, *all* of the sites that used PostgreSQL as their primary data store, also used Python as their primary back-end language. Those three sites are/were Yahoo, Instagram and Uber. 3 out of 3 is a pretty high statistical correlation when you're only talking about a sample of 15. Given that, my saying, "I noticed that most of the largest web platforms that use PostgreSQL as their primary database, also use Python as their primary back-end language.", was a fair observation. An observation is just that (one blind man feeling an elephant). Saying "I noticed that" is a *very* different thing than making an assertion.