Re: [GENERAL] Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/10/2017 12:46 PM, Paul Hughes wrote:
> Adrian Klaver Wrote:
>
>>>Many on this list(myself included) will want to know how you came to that conclusion and I am speaking as someone
whouses Python, Django and Postgres.

> I came to that conclusion when I saw a list of the top 15 websites
> (based on traffic). On that list, *all* of the sites that used
> PostgreSQL as their primary data store, also used Python as their
> primary back-end language. Those three sites are/were Yahoo, Instagram
> and Uber. 3 out of 3 is a pretty high statistical correlation when

What list was that?

I ask because:

1) Uber
Why Uber Engineering Switched from Postgres to MySQL
https://eng.uber.com/mysql-migration/

2)Yahoo
AFAIK Yahoo uses just the Postgresql SQL parser over their own database.
Also Yahoo makes extensive use of JavaScript and other technologies
beside Python.

3) Instagram
Probably still Python/Postgres based though now they are part of
Facebook it will be interesting to see if that changes.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL