pg_upgrade from 9.5 to 12 fails due to plpythonu2

От Shrikant Bhende
Тема pg_upgrade from 9.5 to 12 fails due to plpythonu2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I am trying to upgrade a PostgreSQL cluster running on version 9.5 to 12, most of the code is written in the form of procedures using pl/python (version 2 and version 3), while running pg_upgrade I am getting below error,

"Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing from the
new installation.  You can add these libraries to the new installation,
or remove the functions using them from the old installation.  A list of
problem libraries is in the file:
    loadable_libraries.txt"

Old installation uses both the versions of plpython (2 and 3 and I am getting error for 2 which is not supported in 12.

Contents of loadable_libraries.txt

could not load library "$libdir/plpython2": ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plpython2": No such file or directory
Database: cctest
Database: master
Database: postgres
Database: vmware
could not load library "$libdir/plugin_debugger": ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plugin_debugger": No such file or directory
Database: vmware

I have tried to install plpython2 with PostgreSQL 12 but I guess that's not supported, also I am not able to find out anything related to debugging in PostgreSQL.
What will be the efficient way to upgrade from 9.5 to 12 with plpython2 dependency in the code?

Thanks