Re: pg_upgrade from 9.5 to 12 fails due to plpythonu2

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade from 9.5 to 12 fails due to plpythonu2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 03:00:24PM +0530, Shrikant Bhende wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to upgrade a PostgreSQL cluster running on version 9.5 to 12, most
> of the code is written in the form of procedures using pl/python (version 2 and
> version 3), while running pg_upgrade I am getting below error,
>
> "Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing from the
> new installation.  You can add these libraries to the new installation,
> or remove the functions using them from the old installation.  A list of
> problem libraries is in the file:
>     loadable_libraries.txt"
>
> Old installation uses both the versions of plpython (2 and 3 and I am getting
> error for 2 which is not supported in 12.
>
> Contents of loadable_libraries.txt
>
> could not load library "$libdir/plpython2": ERROR:  could not access file
> "$libdir/plpython2": No such file or directory
> Database: cctest
> Database: master
> Database: postgres
> Database: vmware
> could not load library "$libdir/plugin_debugger": ERROR:  could not access file
> "$libdir/plugin_debugger": No such file or directory
> Database: vmware
>
> I have tried to install plpython2 with PostgreSQL 12 but I guess that's not
> supported, also I am not able to find out anything related to debugging in
> PostgreSQL.
> What will be the efficient way to upgrade from 9.5 to 12 with plpython2
> dependency in the code?

Well, I am guessing you will need to remove the use of plpython 2 from
9.5 and then do the upgrade.  However, the community still supports
Python 2 in PG 12:

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/plpython-python23.html

so it must be your package manager that doesn't support it or something.

Сообщение: Streaming Replication - SLAVE )Read - Write to Read Only Scenarios