Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> ISTM the next step is to bisect the problem down over the weekend in
> order to to narrow the search.  If that doesn't turn up anything
> productive I'll look into taking other steps.

That might be the quickest way to do it, provided you can isolate the
bug fairly reliably. It might be a bit tricky to write a shell script
that assumes a certain amount of time having passed without the bug
tripping indicates that it doesn't exist, and have that work
consistently. I'm slightly concerned that you'll hit other bugs that
have since been fixed, given the large number of possible symptoms
here.

--
Peter Geoghegan