Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2015-01-16 08:05:07 -0600, Merlin Moncure wrote:
>>
>> huh -- well possibly. not.  This is on a virtual machine attached to a
>> SAN.  It ran clean for several (this is 9.4 vanilla, asserts off,
>> checksums on) hours then the starting having issues:
>
> Damn.
>
> Is there any chance you can package this somehow so that others can run
> it locally? It looks hard to find the actual bug here without adding
> instrumentation to to postgres.

FYI, a two hour burn in on my workstation on 9.3 ran with no issues.
An overnight run would probably be required to prove it, ruling out
both hardware and pl/sh.   If proven, it's possible we may be facing a
regression, perhaps a serious one.

ISTM the next step is to bisect the problem down over the weekend in
order to to narrow the search.  If that doesn't turn up anything
productive I'll look into taking other steps.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: proposal: lock_time for pg_stat_database
Сообщение: Re: proposal: lock_time for pg_stat_database