Re: Decrease MAX_BACKENDS to 2^16

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Decrease MAX_BACKENDS to 2^16
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> The 2Q paper also suggests a correlated reference period.

I withdraw this. 2Q in fact does not have such a parameter, while
LRU-K does. But the other major system I mentioned very explicitly has
a configurable delay that serves this exact purpose. This "prevents a
burst of pins on a buffer counting as many touches". The point is that
this approach is quite feasible, and may even be the best way of
addressing the general problem of correlated references.

--
Peter Geoghegan