Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I agree with people saying that stddev is better than nothing at all,
> so I am inclined to commit this, in spite of the above.

I could live with stddev. But we really ought to be investing in
making pg_stat_statements work well with third-party tools. I am very
wary of enlarging the counters structure, because it is protected by a
spinlock. There has been no attempt to quantify that cost, nor has
anyone even theorized that it is not likely to be appreciable.

--
Peter Geoghegan