Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Дата
Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21 January 2014 12:54, KONDO Mitsumasa <kondo.mitsumasa@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Rebased patch is attached.

Does this fix the Windows bug reported by Kumar on 20/11/2013 ?

> pg_stat_statements in PG9.4dev has already changed table columns in. So I
> hope this patch will be committed in PG9.4dev.

I've read through the preceding discussion and I'm not very impressed.
Lots of people have spoken about wanting histogram output and I can't
even see a clear statement of whether that will or will not happen.
AFAICS, all that has happened is that people have given their opinions
and we've got almost the same identical patch, with a rush-rush
comment to commit even though we've waited months. If you submit a
patch, then you need to listen to feedback and be clear about what you
will do next, if you don't people will learn to ignore you and nobody
wants that. I should point out that technically this patch is late and
we could reject it solely on that basis, if we wanted to.

I agree with people saying that stddev is better than nothing at all,
so I am inclined to commit this, in spite of the above.

Any objections to commit?