Re: block-level incremental backup

От Jeevan Chalke
Тема Re: block-level incremental backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 12:11 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 3:54 PM Jeevan Chalke
<jeevan.chalke@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

0003:
+/*
+ * When to send the whole file, % blocks modified (90%)
+ */
+#define WHOLE_FILE_THRESHOLD 0.9

How this threshold is selected.  Is it by some test?

Currently, it is set arbitrarily. If required, we will make it a GUC.

- magic number, currently 0 (4 bytes)
I think in the patch we are using  (#define INCREMENTAL_BACKUP_MAGIC
0x494E4352) as a magic number, not 0

Yes. Robert too reported this. Updated the commit message.

Can we breakdown this function in 2-3 functions.  At least creating a
file map can directly go to a separate function.

Separated out filemap changes to separate function. Rest kept as is to have an easy followup.

I have read 0003 and 0004 patch and there are few cosmetic comments.

Can you please post those too?

Other comments are fixed.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Thanks
--
Jeevan Chalke
Technical Architect, Product Development

Сообщение: Re: block-level incremental backup
Сообщение: Re: block-level incremental backup