Re: block-level incremental backup

От Jeevan Chalke
Тема Re: block-level incremental backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 5:21 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

 I have not yet completed the review for 0004, but I have few more
comments.  Tomorrow I will try to complete the review and some testing
as well.

1. It seems that the output full backup generated with
pg_combinebackup also contains the "INCREMENTAL BACKUP REFERENCE WAL
LOCATION".  It seems confusing
because now this is a full backup, not the incremental backup.

Yes, that was remaining and was in my TODO.
Done in the new patchset. Also, taking --label as an input like pg_basebackup.

2.
+ memset(outblocks, 0, sizeof(FileOffset) * RELSEG_SIZE);

I don't think you need to memset this explicitly as you can initialize
the array itself no?
FileOffset outblocks[RELSEG_SIZE] = {{0}}

I didn't see any issue with memset either but changed this per your suggestion.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Jeevan Chalke
Technical Architect, Product Development
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company