Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> As discussed, we need math though.  Does anyone have an ACM subscription
> and time to do a search?  Someone must.  We can buy one with community
> funds, but no reason to do so if we don't have to.

Anyone in a university likely has access through their library.

But I don't really think this is the right way to go about this.
Research papers are going to turn up pretty specialized solutions that
are probably patented. We don't even have the basic understanding we
need. I suspect a basic textbook chapter on multistage sampling will
discuss at least the standard techniques.

Once we have a handle on the standard multistage sampling techniques
that would be safe from patents then we might want to go look at
research papers to find how they've been applied to databases in the
past but we would have to do that fairly carefully.

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good
Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good