Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 weekly progress reports (week 2)

От Shubham Barai
Тема Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 weekly progress reports (week 2)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have made some changes in tests and pushed them to my branch.

Thanks for helping me out with testing.

Now, current head produces false positives but, with my patch, it doesn't.

Here is the link for updated tests: https://github.com/shubhambaraiss/postgres/commit/2c02685a50a2b30654beb5c52542a57a46219c39

Regards,
Shubham

Sent with Mailtrack

On 13 June 2017 at 23:32, Andrew Borodin <borodin@octonica.com> wrote:

> Project: Explicitly support predicate locks in index AMs besides b-tree

Hi, Shubham
Good job!

So, in current HEAD test predicate_gist_2.spec generate false
positives, but with your patch, it does not?
I'd suggest keeping spec tests with your code in the same branch, it's
easier. Also it worth to clean up specs style and add some words to
documentation.

Kevin, all, how do you think, is it necessary to expand these tests
not only on Index Only Scan, but also on Bitmap Index Scan? And may be
KNN version of scan too?
I couldn't find such tests for B-tree, do we have them?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin, Octonica.