Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?

От DFE
Тема Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Sameer,
since the issue happens in a production environment, I cannot perform
these kind of tests.
For the moment I will disable the PITR archiving and go on only with
the Streaming Replica.
I will try to replicate the issue in a DEV environment.
Thanks.
domenico

2014/1/16 Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com>:

>>> Your primary and secondary instances/db clusters are on the same server?
>>
>> No, two servers: the temp partition (/bigpart/local/incoming) is on the
>> master and is shared via NFS to the standby (/mnt/db1_incoming_wals). On the
>> standby server the partition is mounted in rw mode and the postgres user can
>> read and write (and delete) on the partition (verified now).

>>> Can you share your restore_command?
>>
>> restore_command = 'cp /mnt/db1_incoming_wals/%f %p'
>>

> Note that the cleanup will happen only after "earliest file that must be
> kept to allow a restore to be restartable" has been applied on secondary.
>
> Can you run pg_start_backup() and pg_stop_backup() a few times and see if
> archives are getting cleaned or not?
>

>>> Also share anything unusual that you notice in your database log files
>>> [on both the instances]
>>
>> I will check again, but no logs I found about it, maybe I need to enable
>> in postgres.conf some logs details.
>>

> Use these parameters and then restart your DB Server. (to be safe first stop
> the primary --> Then Stop the secondary --> Then start the secondary -->
> then Start the primary)
>
> log_rotation_age = 1day
> log_rotation_size = 100MB
> log_destination = stderr
> logging_collector =on
> log_directory = 'director_where you want logs'
> log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M-%S.log'
>

>>> Best Regards,
>>> Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant
>>> ASHNIK PTE. LTD.
>>> 101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533
>>> M : +65 8110 0350 T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
>>> www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz
>>>
>>> This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and
>>> is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Сообщение: Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?
Сообщение: Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?