Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:41 PM, DFE <mimmopasticcio@gmail.com> wrote:

2014/1/15 Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com>

the archive command is a cp command:  'test ! -f /bigpart/local/incoming/%f && cp %p /bigpart/local/incoming/%f && chmod a+rx /bigpart/local/incoming/%f'

Your primary and secondary instances/db clusters are on the same server?
No, two servers: the temp partition (/bigpart/local/incoming) is on the master and is shared via NFS to the standby (/mnt/db1_incoming_wals). On the standby server the partition is mounted in rw mode and the postgres user can read and write (and delete) on the partition (verified now).

I modified the command in the recovery.conf as follow, but no changes and no entry in the log file:  archive_cleanup_command = '/usr/pgsql-9.3/bin/pg_archivecleanup /mnt/db1_incoming_wals %r 2>>/tmp/archive_cleanup.log'

Can you share your restore_command?
restore_command = 'cp /mnt/db1_incoming_wals/%f %p'

Note that the cleanup will happen only after "earliest file that must be kept to allow a restore to be restartable" has been applied on secondary.

Can you run pg_start_backup() and pg_stop_backup() a few times and see if archives are getting cleaned or not?

Also share anything unusual that you notice in your database log files [on both the instances]
I will check again, but no logs I found about it, maybe I need to enable in postgres.conf some logs details.

Use these parameters and then restart your DB Server. (to be safe first stop the primary --> Then Stop the secondary --> Then start the secondary --> then Start the primary)

log_rotation_age = 1day
log_rotation_size = 100MB
log_destination = stderr
logging_collector =on
log_directory = 'director_where you want logs'
log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M-%S.log'

Best Regards,
Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.
101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533
M : +65 8110 0350 T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Вложения