Re: Should we rename amapi.h and amapi.c?

От Ashwin Agrawal
Тема Re: Should we rename amapi.h and amapi.c?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 9:34 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
Hi all,

I was working on some stuff for table AMs, and I got to wonder it we
had better rename amapi.h to indexam.h and amapi.c to indexam.c, so as
things are more consistent with table AM.  It is a bit annoying to
name the files dedicated to index AMs with what looks like now a too
generic name.  That would require switching a couple of header files
for existing module developers, which is always annoying, but the move
makes sense thinking long-term?

Any thoughts?

I had raised the same earlier and [1] has response from Andres, which was "We probably should rename it, but not in 12..."