Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 1:35 PM shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 1:28 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Added a  note for the same and referred it to the conflicts section.
> >
> > Thanks for the comments, the attached v38 patch has the changes for the
> > same.
> >

> Thanks for updating the patch. A comment on the test in 0001 patch.
>
> +# Alter subscription ... refresh publication should fail when a new table is
> +# subscribing data from a different publication should fail
> +($result, $stdout, $stderr) = $node_A->psql(
> +       'postgres', "
> +        ALTER SUBSCRIPTION tap_sub_A2 REFRESH PUBLICATION");
> +like(
> +       $stderr,
> +       qr/ERROR: ( [A-Z0-9]+:)? could not replicate table "public.tab_new"/,
> +       "Create subscription with origin and copy_data having replicated table in publisher"
> +);
>
> The comment says "should fail" twice, the latter one can be removed.

Modified

> Besides, "Create subscription with origin and copy_data" should be changed to
> "Alter subscription with origin and copy_data" I think.

Modified to "Refresh publication"

Thanks for the comments, the v39 patch shared at [1] has the changes
for the same.
[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm2POATc_jwQ-8MBJgGCVZGdUNhnTv8zkBuGzLaY03dM%3DA%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Vignesh

От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
Сообщение: Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup