Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 2:12 PM wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com
<wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 1:28 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Added a  note for the same and referred it to the conflicts section.
> >
> > Thanks for the comments, the attached v38 patch has the changes for the same.
>
> Thanks for your patches.
>
> Two slight comments on the below message in the 0001 patch:
>
> The error message in the function check_pub_table_subscribed().
> +               ereport(ERROR,
> +                               errcode(ERRCODE_OBJECT_NOT_IN_PREREQUISITE_STATE),
> +                               errmsg("could not replicate table \"%s.%s\"",
> +                                          nspname, relname),
> +                               errdetail("CREATE/ALTER SUBSCRIPTION with origin = none and copy_data = on is not
allowedwhen the publisher has subscribed same table."),

> +                               errhint("Use CREATE/ALTER SUBSCRIPTION with copy_data = off/force."));
>
> 1.
> I think it might be better to use true/false here than on/off.
> Just for consistency with another error message
> (in function parse_subscription_options) and the description of this parameter
> in the PG document.

Modified

> If you agree with this, please also kindly consider the attached
> "slight_modification.diff" file.
> (This is a slight modification for the second patch, just replace "off" with
> "false" in PG document.)

I have updated the documentation similarly

> 2.
> How about replacing "origin = none" and "copy_data = on" in the message with
> "%s"? I think this might be better for translation. Just like the following
> error message in the function parse_subscription_options:
> ```
>                 if (opts->copy_data &&
>                         IsSet(opts->specified_opts, SUBOPT_COPY_DATA))
>                         ereport(ERROR,
>                                         (errcode(ERRCODE_SYNTAX_ERROR),
>                                          errmsg("%s and %s are mutually exclusive options",
>                                                         "connect = false", "copy_data = true/force")));
> ```

Modified

Thanks for the comments, the v39 patch shared at [1] has the changes
for the same.
[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm2POATc_jwQ-8MBJgGCVZGdUNhnTv8zkBuGzLaY03dM%3DA%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Vignesh

От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
От: Andrey Borodin
Сообщение: Re: Slow standby snapshot