RE: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup

От shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 1:28 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> Added a  note for the same and referred it to the conflicts section.
>
> Thanks for the comments, the attached v38 patch has the changes for the
> same.

Thanks for updating the patch. A comment on the test in 0001 patch.

+# Alter subscription ... refresh publication should fail when a new table is
+# subscribing data from a different publication should fail
+($result, $stdout, $stderr) = $node_A->psql(
+    'postgres', "
+        ALTER SUBSCRIPTION tap_sub_A2 REFRESH PUBLICATION");
+like(
+    $stderr,
+    qr/ERROR: ( [A-Z0-9]+:)? could not replicate table "public.tab_new"/,
+    "Create subscription with origin and copy_data having replicated table in publisher"
+);

The comment says "should fail" twice, the latter one can be removed.

Besides, "Create subscription with origin and copy_data" should be changed to
"Alter subscription with origin and copy_data" I think.

Regards,
Shi yu