Re: [HACKERS] PG10 transition tables, wCTEs and multiple operationson the same table

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PG10 transition tables, wCTEs and multiple operationson the same table
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PG10 transition tables, wCTEs and multiple operationson the same table  (Adam Brusselback <adambrusselback@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 10:25 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
Nice as it would be to add a SQL standard feature and advance the
effort to get to incremental maintenance of materialized views, and
much as I really appreciate the efforts Thomas has put into trying
to solve these problems, I agree that it is best to revert the
feature.  It took years to get an in-depth review, then I was asked
not to commit it because others were working on patches that would
conflict.  That just doesn't leave enough time to address these
issues before release.  Fundamentally, I'm not sure that there is a
level of interest sufficient to support the effort.

I'll give it a few days for objections before reverting.

I can only say that the lack of this feature comes up on a weekly basis on IRC, and a lot of people would be disappointed to see it reverted.

.m