Re:

От Bèrto ëd Sèra
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
FWIW, a couple of months ago the anti-spam mail filters on our server started to reject "anything yahoo" (including loads of legit stuff, obviously). And I still see a lot of messages announcing that Ive just been subscribed to this or that yahoo discussion group. However, this is all OT, I suppose what we need here is just a way to signal spammers to the admin, is there any?

Bèrto

On 9 December 2011 06:13, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 12/08/2011 03:12 PM, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>> Just wondering, and without intending to cast any aspersions on the
>> poster - is this spam or legit? I didn't take the risk of actually
>> clicking it...

> It is not legit in any way.

Lately we've been seeing a lot of link-spam with just a link in the
body, generally no subject line, and the real tip-off is that it's
addressed To: both pgsql-general (or another of our lists) and half a
dozen random other addresses.

I assume these are coming from addresses that are actually subscribed
to our lists, because otherwise the moderators should've rejected them.
Probably somebody's found a way to break into large numbers of yahoo
and google mail accounts and spam from them to all their address book
entries ...