Re: Establishing remote connections is slow

От Mindaugas Žakšauskas
Тема Re: Establishing remote connections is slow
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Hm.  AFAIR postgres doesn't know anything particular about multipath
> interfaces --- it just listens where you tell it to.

I was thinking the same, but PostgreSQL is the "first line to contact"
and I somehow need to obtain a proof that this is indeed a
system-level issue. My simple netcat experiments seem to suggest the
opposite.

>  So I'm thinking this is a system-level issue.  It still seems like it could be DNS
> lookup related though.  Do you have log_hostname turned on, and if so
> does turning it off make a difference?

log_hostname is turned off.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,