Re: Detect supported SET parameters when pg_restore is run

От Vitaly Burovoy
Тема Re: Detect supported SET parameters when pg_restore is run
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/27/16, Vitaly Burovoy <vitaly.burovoy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/27/16, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> (The other thing I'd want here is a --target-version option so that
>> you could get the same output alterations in pg_dump or pg_restore to
>> text.  Otherwise it's nigh undebuggable, and certainly much harder
>> to test than it needs to be.)
>
> I thought that way. I'm ready to introduce that parameter, but again,
> I see now it will influence only SET parameters. Does it worth it?

The only reason I have not implemented it was attempt to avoid users
being confused who could think that result of pg_dump (we need it
there for the plain text output) or pg_restore can be converted for
target version to be restored without new features (but now it is
wrong).

--
Best regards,
Vitaly Burovoy