Re: pg_stop_backup is not archiving latest transaction log from pg_xlog directory

От girish R G peetle
Тема Re: pg_stop_backup is not archiving latest transaction log from pg_xlog directory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi
Thanks everyone for your quick response.

@Raghavendra,
Calling CHECKPOINT did not help. It will just force a transaction log checkpoint, but it won't ensure/enforce archiving of current active transaction log file.

@Albe
Even I was thinking to backup the transaction log files under pg_xlog directory. But my concern is, will it lead some kind of error or inconsistency ?

@Simon
Thanks for the confirmation. Unfortunately our client has more than 150 servers configured, and they are not willing to upgrade their servers.
Can you give some suggestions on what Albe has suggested  ( Archiving transaction log files from pg_xlog directory after pg_stop_backup) ?

Thanks
Girish

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 19 June 2013 09:32, girish R G peetle <giri.anamika0@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to switch the current transaction log file in Postgres 8.0 ?

No, that was an addition to 8.2

Suggest that you send more data until the WAL file switches.

You should upgrade with some urgency.

--
 Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/