Re: pg_stop_backup is not archiving latest transaction log from pg_xlog directory

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: pg_stop_backup is not archiving latest transaction log from pg_xlog directory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
girish R G peetle wrote:
> @Albe
> Even I was thinking to backup the transaction log files under pg_xlog directory. But my concern is,
> will it lead some kind of error or inconsistency ?

No.
During recovery, archived WAL files will overwrite the ones in
pg_xlog.  The WAL files in pg_xlog will only be used if
no archived version is available.

As long as pg_xlog is backed up after the end of
pg_stop_backup(), you should be safe.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe