Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe

От girish R G peetle
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,
Thanks for checking. Here is the details.

PostgreSQL Version - 9.2.8

Dump command : pg_dump.exe -U postgres -Fc -b test

Platform : Windows Server 2008 R2

Output of dump command is redirected to write end of named pipe. From read end of the pipe data is read.
Also I see below errors in dump output.

pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position -- ftell used

Error returned by pg_restore

pg_restore -Fc -U postgres --port=5488 -d <DB> <DUMP-FILE>

pg_restore: processing data for table "tabel35"

pg_restore: [compress_io] could not uncompress data: invalid bit length repeat

Thanks
Girish

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 7:54 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
girish R G peetle <giri.anamika0@gmail.com> writes:
> We were using named pipe to read dump data from 'pg_dump -Fc' (compressed
> format) on Windows.
> Restore was failing with 'corrupt dump data' error.
> Later found that pg_dump was performing 'illegal seek' on pipe to write the
> data, which was causing corrupt dump.

That should work.  What PG version are you using exactly, and can we see a
full example of what you were trying to do?

There are unsupported cases --- I recall in particular that you can't do
a parallel restore from a pipe --- but you should not be getting "corrupt
file" errors.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe