Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
girish R G peetle <giri.anamika0@gmail.com> writes:
> We were using named pipe to read dump data from 'pg_dump -Fc' (compressed
> format) on Windows.
> Restore was failing with 'corrupt dump data' error.
> Later found that pg_dump was performing 'illegal seek' on pipe to write the
> data, which was causing corrupt dump.

That should work.  What PG version are you using exactly, and can we see a
full example of what you were trying to do?

There are unsupported cases --- I recall in particular that you can't do
a parallel restore from a pipe --- but you should not be getting "corrupt
file" errors.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe