Re: BUG #15383: Join Filter cost estimation problem in 10.5

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #15383: Join Filter cost estimation problem in 10.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 9:16 AM Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav@gmail.com> wrote:
Status update for a commitfest entry.

It looks like there was no real progress on this issue since April. I see only an experimental patch. What kind of review does it need right now? Do we need more testing or maybe production statistics for such queries?

David, are you going to continue working on it?
Can you, please, provide a short summary of the problem and list open questions for reviewers.

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author

I agree that updating a wiki seems like an unappealing conclusion to this entry.  I'm on the fence whether we just leave it in the cf and get a periodic nag when it gets bumped.  As we are describing real problems or potential improvements to live portions of the codebase ISTM that adding code comments near to those locations would be warranted.  The commit message can reference this thread.  There seems to already be a convention for annotating code comments in such a way that they can be searched for - which basically is what sticking it in the wiki would accomplish but the searcher would have to look in the codebase and not on a website.  For the target audience of this specific patch that seems quite reasonable.

David J.