Re: Regular expression for lower case to upper case.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Regular expression for lower case to upper case.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday, December 10, 2022, Eagna <eagna@protonmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I want a regex to change the case of a field from UPPER to lower.

I know about the UPPER() and LOWER() functions and they are not what I want.

I would have thought this should be very simple, but I've searched a lot and can't seem to get an answer.

Here's a fiddle with a couple of things that I've tried - I'm obviously missing something that should be starting me in the face.

Any input appreciated.

E.

RegExp by itself cannot do this.  You have to match all parts of the input into different capturing groups, then use lower() combined with format() to build a new string.  Putting the capturing groups into an array is the most useful option.

David J.