Re: insert data with invalid input syntax for integer:"42P01"

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: insert data with invalid input syntax for integer:"42P01"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 2:02 PM Pepe TD Vo <pepevo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> the script was transferred/decoded from Oracle objects via Ora2pg.  From Oracle, the trigger and procedure were
declaredas number and once it decoded into Postgres, it changed to bigint.  I have tried to change it to "int" or
"varchar"to test out and still not working.

I'm not sure what your point is here - though changing it to varchar
should have at least gotten rid of the invalid data for type integer
error (though the error message doesn't make sense given that bigint
was the actual type...).  I don't know how intelligent the Ora2pg
program is supposed to be when faced with function bodies.

You still seem way over your head and I'm still generally disinclined
to provide much assistance for continually incomplete and
not-proof-read requests for help.  Lack of any timely responses to
future requests likely means others are feeling the same.

Its great that you want to learn but generally very young children
don't engage in marathons as part of learning to walk.  An Oracle to
PostgreSQL is a marathon.

David J.

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: insert data with invalid input syntax for integer:"42P01"
От: Peter Tormey
Сообщение: Re: Calculating mem requirements for parallel queries and Docker and coredumps!