Re: how do i change the password for 'postgres' user

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: how do i change the password for 'postgres' user
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Friday, February 23, 2018, Gopi G <gopiputty@gmail.com> wrote:
I have postgres 9.2 running in AWS EC2 (aws linux) instance.
I followed documentation and tried to do

postgres=> ALTER USER Postgres WITH PASSWORD 'password';

ERROR:  must be superuser to alter replication users

Something is odd here besides using an out-of-support version of PostgreSQL.  I'm figuring that you'll have better luck asking your distro packager (i.e., Amazon) directly.  That said the best way to change passwords with psql is the \password meta-command.

Most packages make the postgres user a superuser but apparently your distro thinks differently and you need to learn from them how things work.

David J.