Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Amir Rohan <amir.rohan@mail.com> writes:
> I've read elsewhere that a possible solution is to provide a
> mail address associated with a message (displayed on the web interface)
> that routes your mail message to the thread.

Seems awfully like a here-please-spam-us button.  The address would have
to be displayed un-obfuscated, which means it'd get picked up by spammers'
webcrawlers.  Admittedly, no one would know except the PG list moderators,
but I think they'd be unhappy about an increase in workload.

And before you ask: yes, spammers still do that.  A lot.  For example,
just a few hours ago my mailserver bounced something

Sep 27 06:30:05 sss1 sendmail[29150]: t8RAU4Ja029150: <12716.1437746049@sss.pgh.pa.us>... User unknown

that certainly has never been used as a mail address, but it does match
a message-ID in the pgsql-hackers archives from July.  I see no plausible
explanation for that except that somebody scraped it off the archives and
took it for a deliverable address.  This is not an isolated example; I see
anywhere from a couple dozen to several hundred *per day* like this in my
mail logs.

There are ways around that, probably, but I'm not sure it's worth the
work.

​What I thought I've seen previously is a form that allows a user to enter their email address and have the system re-send them the original email as if they had been originally included (without the other CC recipients but that could be a nice touch).  I had tried using digest mode for a while and would have liked such a capability.  For non-subscribers the flow would need to be more considered.

David J.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed
Сообщение: Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed