Re: [ADMIN] Change Unix Socket directory at build time

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Change Unix Socket directory at build time
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Santiago DIEZ <santiago.diez@caoba.fr> wrote:
To be fully transparent, the issue I'm dealing with is the following:
If I set a specific unix_socket_directory in postgresql.conf then running
pg_ctl start -w -t5 -D '/val/lib/postgresql/9.4/main'
fails because I believe it cannot verify the server is running because
it's looking for socket in /tmp.

More likely is that it takes more than 5 seconds to start and you are timing out. (I'll presume */val* is a typo in the email only)

The source code for pg_ctl indicates that the "pid file" the postmaster creates at startup contains the information needed for both unix and tcp socket connections and this is where pg_ctl gets its "connection string" information from.

Supplying logging data from the pg_ctl run would help.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Change Unix Socket directory at build time
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Change Unix Socket directory at build time